10 ways to spend Valentine’s Day with your pet
Single on V Day? Don’t let the ‘day of love’ get you down. Make it your own by bringing in plenty of pet lovin!
- Organise a romantic walk with your pet. Instead of your usual routine, do something completely different. Find a new scenic route.
- If you don’t own a pet but have always wanted one, make today the day. What better time to finally be united with the pet you’ve always wanted than Valentine’s Day?
- Get out of your V Day blues by giving to others. Take your pet to visit someone who needs a pick-me-up. Perhaps it’s a friend, family member or someone in your community.
- Take your pet on a playdate. Jump online and find other pet owners in your area and meet up at a local park. Your pet will love it and you never know who you might meet.
- Go on a mini-break. Check out this article on pet holidays
- Organise a relaxing holiday with your pet. There are plenty of pet-friendly options to choose from.
- Pat your pet. Petting animals has been proven to release endorphins in humans.
- Bake a pet-friendly treat for your pet and a human friendly treat for you. Enjoy!
- Take your pet to the spa - here we explore what is a doggy spa then go to the spa yourself. Or if you’re trying to save cash, why not do a DYI spa session.
- Create a fun photo shoot. Dream of gliding along on a Gondola in Venice? Don’t wait for Mr or Mrs Right to come along, re-create ‘travel’ photos with your pet. Use props and Photoshop backdrops of your most desirable travel destinations. You’re sure to have a laugh along the way.
- Have a movie-thon with your pet and include all your favourite animal flicks. Here is 5 movies that will make you want a dog
Whether you’re a fan of Valentine’s Day or not, it’s a good reminder to show our love for the animals in our lives, so make the most of it and have paw-mantic day!