Australian Pet Foods: Made with Care, Exported with Pride
The Pet Food Industry Association of Australia was established in September 1972 to promote standards of excellence in the pet food industry in Australia.
The mission of the Association is to promote standards of excellence in the development of the pet food industry through:
- consideration of the needs of pets and the community;
- active promotion of the benefits of responsible pet ownership; and
- promotion of prepared pet food as the preferred method of pet nutrition and reinforced through establishment and self regulation of industry standards.
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Pet Food Industry Association of Australia shall be:
- To promote the prepared pet food industry in general and the interests of the members of the Association.
- To consider and deal with all matters affecting the industry.
- To establish and maintain more intimate relationship between its members.
- To co-operate with other bodies in the interest of the industry.
- To consider and deal with such other subjects as may be deemed necessary or desirable from time to time.
- To adopt, support and carry into effect any measures in the interests of the industry, and to initiate moves for the alteration of, addition to, or improvement in legislation for the benefit of the pet food industry.
- To assist industry in its efforts to encourage exports initiatives by coordinated effort.
- To advocate knowledge and learning in the petfood business.
- To investigate by means of committees of skilled and experienced people, technical and commercial problems confronting the industry.
- To render the maximum possible service to members of the Association.
- To promote the responsible ownership of Companion Animals in Australia.