PROMOTING SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE PET OWNERSHIP
The Petcare Information and Advisory Service Australia Pty Ltd (PIAS) was established in 1966 as an autonomous, non-commercial organisation committed to promoting socially responsible pet ownership. Funding is provided by MARS Petcare as a community service and PIAS has as its charter:
- To educate owners on the responsibilities of pet ownership.
- To undertake original research on the relationship between humans and companion animals.
- To ensure accurate and reliable information on pet related issues is available to all interested parties.
- To encourage pet ownership in balance with society’s needs, and to help owners enjoy their pets.
- To provide information on and encourage the correct care of pets.