Cat Association of Tasmania Inc
- Is affiliated with the Australian Cat Federation Inc (ACF) affiliated to the World Cat Congress.
- Maintains a membership and pedigree cat register that is recognised world wide.
- Promotes responsible cat breeding, care & ownership.
- Promotes exhibition of pedigree and household pets in the open show style in Tasmania.
- Maintains records of CAT Inc & affiliated clubs show results and Cat of The Year Points.
- Participates in ACF accredited judges, judges stewards, show managers, show secretaries and show trophy stewards training and education workshops.
- Provides a website listing to access CAT Inc cat breeders.
- Membership year runs from the 1st of April to the 31st of March.
- Applications for annual renewal of membership, prefix, and website listing can be lodged from January to February. Membership can also be applied for after this time on a prorata basis.
Goals of CAT Inc
- To promote in every way the general improvement of the standard, exhibition and welfare of cats.
- To preserve the probity of the cat fancy by:
- Ensuring the integrity of its registry.
- Ensuring the training of its judges to ACF nationally accepted standards.
- To take all measures to ensure that the interests of the general public in relation to the cat fancy are observed.
- To allow all members input into the function of the CAT by virtue of:
- Committee meetings open to all observers.
- Election of 'independant' and Club delegates directly responsible to the membership to represent their interests in decision making.
- To provide an efficient service for the membership, with a rapid turn around of registrations.
- CAT has a robust committee system. The membership is represented by elected representatives and delegates of affiliate clubs. CAT members are welcome to attend.
- 'Independent' committee members are elected on an tri-annual basis and any member of CAT may nominate for election. Affiliated clubs elect their delegates annually.