WESTERN AUSTRALIAN BUDGERIGAR COUNCIL (INC)
METROPOLITAN BUDGERIGAR CLUB OF WA (INC)
RARE BUDGERIGAR CLUB OF WA INC
SOUTH WEST BUDGERIGAR CLUB (MANDURAH) INC
- 1978: Western Australia competed at the National Show for the first time. The Show was held in Melbourne on Sunday 19th of February.
- 1981: The first National Show was held in Perth.
- 1987: Western Australian Fanciers host this years Championship.
- 1989: WESTERN AUSTRALIAN BUDGERIGAR COUNCIL FORMED
- 21ST NOVEMBER 1989: Southern River Budgerigar Society [Branch] held its 1st meeting.
- 1990: The first Australian National Budgerigar Council Standard was printed.
- 10TH MARCH 1991: South West Budgerigar Club held its 1st meeting.
- 1991 [MAY]: JEFF LLOYD BECOME WA'S FIRST ACCREDITED ANBC JUDGE.
- 1991: Clubs in the Perth Metropolitan Area:
Mandurah and Rockingham Budgerigar Society;
West Coast Budgerigar Club of WA;
Budgerigar Improvement Society;
Southern River Budgerigar Society;
Perth Budgerigar Club;
Budgerigar Society of Western Australia;
South West Budgerigar Club
Western Australian Budgerigar Council (Inc).
- 29TH MARCH 1993: Southside Budgerigar Society (Inc) was officially registered to replace Mandurah & Rockingham Budgerigar Society (Inc).
- 10TH SEPTEMBER 1993: The registration of Southside Budgerigar Society (Inc) enabled the South West Budgerigar
Club to include the name `Mandurah' in it's title. The new name being the South West Budgerigar Club (Mandurah) Inc.
- JANUARY 1997: Budgerigar Improvement Society amalgamated with West Coast Budgerigar Club of WA.
- JULY 1997: Rockingham District Bird Society affiliated with WABC (INC).
- JANUARY 2001: South West Budgerigar Club (Mandurah) Inc affiliated with WABC (INC).
- NOVEMBER 2001: The following resolution was proposed and accepted:
`That the Southside Budgerigar Society and the West Coast Budgerigar Club amalgamate, to become one club, the
Western Australian Budgerigar Council'.
There was also a motion put forward that the presently elected Committee of Southside Budgerigar Society remain in a
caretaker role until the WABC (INC) AGM in February 2002 where the proposal would be ratified and a new Executive
Committee elected by all members of the WABC (Inc).
- 2003: The Australian National Budgerigar Council rewrote the Standard and redeveloped the pictorials to take effect January 2004.
- MARCH 2004: A proposal that the Western Australian Budgerigar Council (Inc) - (the Club) be restructured so
The BSWA elected not to participate and after much discussion RBCWA elected not to affiliate at that time .
all Clubs in WA could have an equal say and an equal input towards the management of the Budgerigar hobby in
The proposed new structure would see all Clubs become `Affiliate Member Bodies' of the WABC (Inc) with equal
The New WABC (Inc) would have no power over the Clubs and the Clubs would continue operating as normal.
The WABC (Inc) would be an administrative body only, coordinating State Affairs eg issuing rings, ANBC ring code,
the State Show and Derby and State Pre Selection.
A meeting of all clubs was called to discuss the feasibility of the proposal.
- Western Australian Budgerigar Council (Inc) - (club)
- South West Budgerigar Club (Mandurah) Inc
- Rare Budgerigar Club of WA
- Budgerigar Society of WA
The proposed name for the new club [ex WABC (Inc)] was The Metropolitan Budgerigar Club of WA (Inc).
- AUGUST 2004: The above proposal came to fruition with the Western Australian Budgerigar Council (Inc) being
the administrative body and the Metropolitan Budgerigar Club of WA (Inc) and the South West Budgerigar Club (Mandurah) Inc being the Affiliated Bodies.
- MAY 2007: Gina House became the first ever ANBC Lady President.
- AUGUST 2007: The Rare Budgerigar Club of WA Inc became an Affiliated Body.