Welcome to the Bendigo Animal Hospital. We are a family-focused, small animal veterinary clinic and hospital, servicing Bendigo and the Central Victoria region. Since our beginning in 1980, we have developed into a full-service, small animal hospital, where your pet is always in good hands.
Our vets understand that your pet is part of the family. We want your animal to be happy and healthy, and seek to provide the best diagnostic and treatment options currently available. Our vets aim to provide the latest information about animal health care, to assist you in caring for your pet, as well as being accessible when you have an animal emergency, or need an after-hours vet.
We offer a broad range of services, including:
At Bendigo Animal Hospital, our staff are all pet owners, and therefore understand the love and joy they bring to your life. We are dedicated to providing you and your pet with compassionate, professional veterinary care.
- Wellness examinations and vaccinations
- Desexing and microchip identification
- Digital radiology, digital ultrasonic, and endoscopy
- Dental health, ultrasound scaling, and extractions
- Puppy school.
- Premium pet foods and pet accessories
The Bendigo Animal Hospital was founded in 1980 by Dr. John Brown, and has a well-earned reputation of striving for the highest standards of veterinary clinic care.
Originally formed as an equine and small animal practice, the clinic has grown in breadth and deepened in focus, centralizing small animal health care at the Napier Street location. More than an animal hospital, we are your petís general practitioner, dentist, surgeon, pharmacist, paediatrician, radiologist, nutritionist, intensive-care team, animal health advice centre, pet store, vet emergency centre and after-hours vet team.
We have a special understanding of the bond you have developed with your pet, and will do all we can to be caring, friendly, and informative. We seek to practise preventative animal medicine through pet wellness exams and vaccinations, and to provide the best diagnostic and treatment options available. In order to do this, we are continually educating our veterinarians and vet nurses, and updating our policies and protocols.
Our Pet Care Philosophy
Our aim at Bendigo Animal Hospital is to always provide the highest quality of affordable vet care for your pets, with friendly and trust-worthy service.
- We want to be the vet clinic your pets would recommend!
- Create a welcoming environment that ensures you and your pets feel comfortable.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism, whilst never losing our friendly and personable touch.
- Always be approachable, supportive, compassionate and empathetic.
- Guarantee to use high quality medical equipment, technology, products, and procedures when treating your pets.
- Maintain the highest levels of vet clinic cleanliness.
- Continually improve our skills through on-going training and development programmes to ensure that each of us can provide you and your pets the highest standards of animal health care and professional advice.
- Create a happy, fun, positive and enjoyable place to work, where every team memberís talents are recognized, encouraged, and nurtured.
Veterinary Clinic Services
The Bendigo Animal Hospital (BAH) is a vet clinic and small animal hospital, utilising the latest in diagnostic imaging, medical and surgical facilities. While we commonly treat a sick dog or cat, we also treat unusual pets, such as rabbits, guinea pigs, and snakes.
The following is a detailed list of the range of veterinary services our clinic provides:
- Medical consultation: pet wellness exams, pet vaccination, and general pet health-care advice.
- Emergency care: After-hours vet emergency service.
- Micro-chip: It is a legal requirement to have your pet micro-chipped. This ensures safe return of your pet if it is lost or injured. This simple procedure takes only a few seconds and is normally performed in the consulting room.
- Pet nutrition advice: for specific dietary needs and pet obesity.
- Routine surgery: such as desexing and lump removal.
- Hospitalised medical care: for animals, including intensive hospitalisation for fluid therapy and infused medications.
- Surgical procedures: for both soft tissue and advanced orthopaedic.
- Diagnostic examination and clinical pathology: both in-house, and out-sourced for specialist interpretation where necessary.
- Animal dentistry: utilising modern veterinary dental equipment with ultrasonic scalers, high-powered cutting, drilling and polishing devices.
- Puppy School: This is an invaluable socialising experience for your pup. Sue has been taking the Bendigo Animal Hospital Puppy School for seven years, and her graduates just love to come back!
- Premium veterinary pet foods and pet accessories: We have a range of quality pet accessories available and over the counter medications such as pet washes, dental maintenance, worming and flea treatments. The Bendigo Animal Hospital stocks the largest range of premium quality prescription pet food from both Royal Canin and Hills Pet Nutrition in the Bendigo area. If you would like diet advice please ask the friendly staff or make an medical appointment for you and your pet.
- Reminders: To be sure you donít miss your petís annual check-up, vaccinations, etc. we routinely send out reminders. You can always choose not to receive these reminders, by informing our receptionist.
- Visiting veterinary specialists
- Email Newsletter: Our newsletter includes information such as: updates on pet health issues, current items in the media, and whatís happening around the hospital.
- Facebook: Find us on Facebook, become a friend, and catch up on interesting stories, photos and cases in the ĎGalleryí.
- Pet Insurance: You may like to consider pet insurance to help allay the costs of extensive veterinary treatment. Although we are not insurance providers, we can give you details of companies currently offering pet insurance.
- Imaging procedures (including Digital radiology, Digital ultrasonography, Endoscopy of the upper respiratory tract, gastroscopy and colonoscopy
For more information about the best services for your pets needs or to organise an appointment - just give us a call!
Certificate in exotic animal practice held by Dr Chis Allison
Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists surgical chapter held by Dr Chris Allison and Dr Max Tori
Bendigo Animal Hospital Cares About Your Pet's Health