About the Show
Our Dogs are family and no words could ever portray just how much joy and love they bring to our lives. The Show is a tribute to the unconditional love that we share with our Dogs and we look forward to welcoming you to the 2017 event to celebrate, interact and learn more about our Best Friends.
In Dogs We Trust – they save lives, deter burglars, work the land, star in movies and are an integral part of everyday life. Words could never describe just how much they enrich our lives – from providing companionship and unconditional love, Dogs provide us with extensive benefits on a personal, family and community level.
Around 30,000 passionate Dog Lovers attended the last event and the 2017 Melbourne Dog Lovers Show will again celebrate our canine friends like no other event in Australia. The 5th event will be staged from Friday 5 to Sunday 7 May 2017 at the Royal Exhibition Building and will be one of the largest and most comprehensive Festivals for Dog lovers in the world.
K9 enthusiasts will be provided with an extensive array of Pooch-based entertainment, education and information with over 500 beautiful dogs, 200+ Exhibitors, 30,000+ visitors, celebrity vets, incredible Dog shows and over 14 visitor features. It truly is heaven for Dog lovers and once you’ve bought your tickets everything you see and do at the Show is FREE!
The 2017 Show is already shaping up to be another memorable day-out and in the words of one of our loyal visitors “Forget Disneyland. The Dog Lovers Show is the happiest place on earth!”
What’s on at the 2017 Show?
- Australia’s most talented canines in action in the Royal Canin Arena showcasing Working, Frisbee, Rescue, Scent, Celebrity Dogs and more.
- DockDogs sponsored by Black Hawk will WOW visitors at the Show! It’s Australia’s most exciting Dog entertainment and competition with a wide range of breeds launching themselves off a dock into a massive (100,000 litre) pool of water!
- Meet & learn more about 40+ popular breeds (puppy’s & adult Dogs) in the Breed Showcase
- Expert tips for a healthier, happier dog on the KONG Celebrity Vet Stage
- Discover all you need to know about providing a loving home for a Dog in need in the Rescue Dog Zone
- Information & experts on hand to help you find the right Dog for your lifestyle in the Pat-A-Pooch & Perfect Match zones to find the right breed for your lifestyle.
- Tribute to Australian Service Dog Tribute including Military, Guide, Therapy, Customs, Working and Assistance Dogs showcasing the skills and abilities of our canines and how they contribute to our community
- Free vet, training and grooming advice from trusted experts
- All the latest gear and services to spoil your pooch, with a Doggy Bookshop, Major Door Prize, free Face Painting, Doggy LEGO® & loads more new attractions to be announced soon…!
For more information and to stay up to date with alerts and offers, don’t forget to check out and ‘Like’ us on Facebook
and ‘Follow’ us on Instagram
. We are looking forward to welcoming you to another instalment of the Dog Lovers Show!
Jason & Sally Humphris
Co-Founders & massive Dog Lovers
Please note that given the large crowds at the last Show, we may need to limit the number of tickets available on the door so pre-purchasing early guarantees you don’t miss the event.
Once you’ve bought your ticket everything you see and do at the Show is FREE including all the Dog shows in the Arena and the presentations on the KONG Celebrity Vet Stage.
Unfortunately, as this is an indoor event, visitors are not allowed to bring their Dogs for safety reasons. Assistance Dogs however are welcome and we do accept Companion Cards for carers. Seniors discount not available
Click here to view details on our Dog Welfare & Safety policy and here for our policy on bringing Dogs to the event
Once I have purchased my tickets where will they be sent?
Once you have purchased your tickets they will be emailed to your inbox attached as a PDF file that you can print. If you are unable to find your confirmation email, please check your junk or spam mail folders. If you still can’t find your tickets just enter your email address at eventbrite.com/gettickets. Please also make sure you have set-up an Eventbrite account. You can also log into the Eventbrite app
or reference the Tickets page within your account.
Can I come on either day with my ticket?
When you buy your ticket you will need to select which day you want to attend the Show. Tickets are only valid for a single day entry on the day you selected when the ticket was purchased – so additional tickets are required if you would like to attend all three days.
Do I have to print my ticket?
No, you are not required to print your ticket, just present it on your phone to the staff at the show entry via the Eventbrite app or from your email directly. It will then be scanned and you can enter the event directly.
For any other ticketing queries, email [email protected]